Friday, June 18, 2010

Feeling His Abundance

I have to say how blessed I feel today. I have been encouraged, lifted up, and showered in prayer. The word that comes to mind is, "abundant," so with that word I went seeking in my bible. Here is what I found, "But You [are] God, Ready to pardon, Gracious and merciful, Slow to anger, Abundant in kindness, And did not forsake them." Neh 9:17. (NKJV)

Abundant in kindness is our God. Not only in the times when we are seeking Him and relying on Him, but He is abundant in kindness even when we grow impatient and worship other gods. We build up our "golden calves," and turn to them for help or rescue. I think of how often I turn myself into that idol, struggling and insisting I can do it on my own. I think of how often I turn to people or situations for answers or provision when it is all in His hands. That is not continually believing God. In those moments I sell Him short of who He really is. He is the Creator of all things, and He knows all things. Why then, do I continue to look elsewhere? It is my prayer that I seek Him first and acknowledge Him without definition or limitation. And I will thank Him for not abandoning me in the wilderness and for continuing to go before me every step of the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment