Friday, June 4, 2010

A Time of Changes

These past couple of weeks have been a great adventure in our house, and I mean above and beyond the normal "never a dull moment" life we love. Sir Lionheart finished his first year in preschool, and as of now he is scheduled to return in the fall. Sir Wallace "graduated" from kindergarten today, and I really had to fight for dry eyes as I hugged his wonderful teacher and told her, "Thank You." For all of the bumps in the road, there is something about the peace that comes in even the simple routines of school every day. Knowing what lies ahead for our Homeschool Adventure this fall, I pray for the clear mind and organization that it will require to form new routines. I am not known for my organizational skills, so this is one area that God and I discuss quite frequently as I begin my summer of planning. The other big change was the removal of two little girls, Miss Bear and Miss Bug, from cribs and moving them into their new "big girl beds." To say that it has been interesting is putting it lightly. They tried to fool us the first night by falling to sleep immediately. Thus far nap time has brought two complete packages of diapers all over the floor, bedding off of both beds, a window beaten on so much I am surprised it is still in the frame, and a burnt out light bulb from the constant switching on and off. I actually threw in the towel today and let them play. I needed the break. There are more changes coming over the next couple of weeks, so I trust in the Lord with all my heart and lean not on my own understanding. I will acknowledge him, and he will set my path straight. (Prov 3:6)

1 comment:

  1. Hey girl!! Love the blog, it's pretty :-) I'll be praying for those little monsters free in the bedroom!!! You poor thing!!! haha

    ReplyDelete