Sunday, June 6, 2010

Our Homeschool Adventure

Up until three months ago, I told many people that I would never homeschool my children. Believe me, it had nothing to do with my views on homeschooling. It had everything to do with faith in my abilities to accomplish the task! Four kids, two of them turning my world upside down daily, and a severe lack in organizational skills...let alone a clear thought past 2pm. We do have routines, but they are nowhere near the caliber I envision for homeschool... God would REALLY need to call me (loud and clear) to teach my kids at home.

So He did.

After much prayer and discussion and more prayer, my hubby and I have decided to set sail on our Homeschool Adventure come August. There will be one first grader, one pre-schooler, and two Tots. Add to that one very supportive husband and one constantly praying Mama, and it should be a worthy adventure. I begin with one copy of The Whole Hearted Child by Clay and Sally Clarkson, one borrowed-from-the-library copy of Cathy Duffy's 100 Top Picks for Homeschool Curriculum, and a host of blogs written by women with much more experience and many more resources than me. (You will find them down the sidebar.) I welcome you to join me for moral support, for laughs, or for mere curiosity. Excitement awaits as we cast off. Anchors Away!

1 comment:

  1. I don't know if you already knew or not, but my sister homeschools her three kids...

    ReplyDelete