Monday, June 14, 2010

Abide In Me

"I am the vine, ye [are] the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing." John 15:5 KJV




The constant call I hear from God is, "Seek Me. Abide in Me." It is in the verses that He has brought to my mind as I read and write at night. It is in the intro to the Believing God bible study by Beth Moore I just started. It is in the message at church (two churches actually). Everywhere I go, God is telling me to seek Him and abide in Him. Sometimes I begin to tremble a bit because I am unsure if my "seeking and abiding" are the same as His. How do I know what I am seeking? And how do I know if I have found it? Am I truly grafted into His vine, I mean really growing there? Or am I knowing that is where I should be, but I fail to live like it? As Paul said to Timothy and Beth Moore asks in her study, is my theology meeting with my reality?

That is my goal over the next nine weeks: to put feet to my faith. I want to not only know in my mind and my heart that God is God, but I want to connect them and live like I know it. When things happen that I want to fix or control, I will seek Him. When I worry about what tomorrow will bring, I will rest in Him. When my burden seems overwhelming, I will take his yoke upon me. And when the enemy attacks me, trying to discourage and dismantle my goal, I will keep moving forward and tell him to get behind me. There is too much at stake...because without God, I can do nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment